The IDFPA season has come to an end and it’s been quite a year for the female powerlifting team. The women have made serious progress, breaking personal bests at every meet, and breaking national and world records in the process. Their technique and numbers have improved at each competition and they’ve gained some valuable experience in the world of competitive powerlifting.
The year started off with only two female lifters competing at the National Single Lifts event in Cork. Since then the team has grown in numbers and confidence.
Here is a breakdown of how the team finished up 2013;
- -53kg Class – Clare Connolly – 75kg Squat / 47.5kg Bench / 105kg Deadlift / Total = 227.5kg
- -55.5kg Class – Linh Nguyen – 115.5kg Squat / 52.5kg / 120kg Deadlift / Total = 287.5kg
- -55.5kg Class – Siobhan Hynes – 80kg Squat / 55kg Bench / 105KG Deadlift / Total = 240kg
- -58.5kg Class – Claire Fitzsimmons – 105 Squat / 40kg Bench / 122.5kg Deadlift / Total =262.5kg
- -58.5kg Class Master – Emer O’Driscoll – 75kg Squat / 50kg Bench / 107.5kg Deadlift / Total = 232.5kg
4 of the team finished in the top 10 of the IDFPA full power female rankings. This is quite some achievement considering this is the first year of powerlifting for the team and the quality of female lifters they were competing against.
Next year the ABS Gym will host the IDFPA National Single Lifts Championship. It will be the first big event of the year and the chance to show the progress that has been made over the Christmas period.
With the success of 2013, I’m very confident that 2014 will bring bigger and better things for the Abs Female Powerlifting Team
Next year the ABS Gym will be hosting the IDFPA National single lifts championship. This will be the first big event of the year and the chance to show what progress has been made over the X mas period.
With the success of this year I am very confident that next year will bring bigger and better things for the female powerlifting team.